Materials you’ll need
- Crown 051 Whiskey Maple*
- Batten 101 Whiskey Maple*
- Cap 290 Whiskey Maple*
1”x6” finished pine wood stock
- Brackets and hardware to hang Cornice
＊Choose moulding profiles and prefinished colors that suit the needs of your window design. Inteplast has many options to choose from. You’ll also need to choose an accent color that is complementary to your room décor. We chose the above profiles and colors just for demonstration purposes.
- First, measure the width and depth from the wall you want for the Cornice.
- Build a simple wooden 3-sided box Cornice, using 1”x6” finished pine with mitered corners.
- Paint the wood Cornice in a complementary color used elsewhere in the room that also goes with your chosen moulding.
Here we chose a dark taupe, which will go really nicely with the Whiskey Maple.
- Cut each of the moulding pieces with mitered corners and fasten to the cornice with small finishing nails and contractor’s adhesive.
- In this project we used Crown 051 on top, Batten 101 in the middle and Cap 290 on the bottom.
- Install the Cornice with the proper hardware.
- The finished product will give your windows a dressing that adds something special to your room!