Materials you’ll need
- Moulding of your choice (in this project we used Base 632 Espresso on a 30”x40” mirror)
- 1.5” finishing nails
- Contractor’s adhesive
- Color-matched painter’s putty
- First, choose the moulding that works best for the size of mirror you’ll be framing. A large mirror might look best with a wide-base moulding, while a smaller mirror might be best with a casing material.
- Choose a color that works well with your room and provides a nice accent to the mirror.
- Get enough moulding material to ensure you have full pieces for each length you’ll need for the mirror.
- Measure the outside dimensions of the mirror carefully and miter-cut the moulding to fit exactly.
- Glue the pieces, place them around the mirror and tack them with finishing nails.
Carefully fill the nail holes and mitered corners with a little color-matched painter’s putty and you’re done!
Once you complete your first project, you just might be inspired to frame all the other mirrors in your house.
Or make a frame on a wall and paint the inside
with chalkboard paint for a fun creative wall.
And with so many options for styles and colors, you’ll love the results.